Monday, October 5, 2009

Marathon Success!






Well, no gutter-naps this time around. Aside from some pretty painful cramps starting at mile 20, the St. George Marathon was a success. I finished in 4:11 (actual time) and had a great time. I was a little bummed that I didn't break the 4-hour mark, but also happy that I didn't end up in the gutter. My sister and brother-in-law both ran with me...congrats to all. In addition to the marathon, we had a great weekend in the sunshine. Thanks for all the words of support and encouragement, especially from those at the finish line and those running with me.

5 comments:

  1. You and Paul make a cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! Congrats Chaddy! That is really awesome...you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Chad--you and Paul do make a cute couple--I also have a picture of you taking a nap together! :) Is there something we should know? Congrats on a good race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrates Elder Bunting, bet you haven't been called that in a while. I too am running, but still working up to a marathon. Maybe next year depending on how winter training goes, I only started a few months ago. Oh ya, the is Elder Parkin from the mis if you remember me or not. Either way, congrates mate!

    ReplyDelete